Saturday, November 4, 2017

HEAT YAY!!!!!

Hear in Alaska, heat is so important to a comfortable retirement. I installed a wood stove right off the bat and we will use that as much as we can but I really wanted a toyo heater for the house so I could keep the place warmer at night when the temps drop to -30 to -50  The toyo runs on heating oil and here in north pole, it is actually cheaper to buy fuel [about 2.30 a gallon right now] then to buy firewood and I have not had the time to go cut the wood myself.
So a brand new toyo runs about 2200.00 for the big model that we have. There is a unit called Monitor stoves but the company went out of business. However, there are plenty of parts still on the market and all of the service companies around here work on them. we were able to find a brand new Monitor still in the box for 800.00  we are Happy. so we took it up to the cabin and installed it. Wow, it works fantastic when the house is cold the wood takes so long to warm up but the heater works really fast
I was able to talk a guy down on a used tank. Most tanks around here are about 300.00 for 300 gallon used.. The razman got one for 125.00

2 comments:

  1. He’s awesome!! Taking care of my friend Lorie!! I just wish we could come visit you!!!

    ReplyDelete